GALL BLADDER CANCER
What are the causes of Gall bladder cancer?
- • Elderly age
- • Smoking
- • 70-80% of Gall bladder cancer associated with Gall stones
- • Genetic mutations
- • Unknown causes
What are the common signs and symptoms of Gall bladder cancer?
Usually does not show any symptoms at early stage.
- • Pain abdomen
- • Unexplained weight loss
- • Jaundice
- • Lump abdomen in Right upper abdomen area
- • Loss of appetite
How to diagnose of Gall bladder Cancer?
What is the treatment of Gall bladder cancer?
Multi-modality approach. Early stage â€“ removal of Gall bladder enough. Removal of Gall bladder and Part of liver and lymph node surrounding Gall bladder need to be removed. In advanced Stage, Palliative therapy in the form of chemotherapy or Radiotherapy or Endoscopic therapy (Stenting of bile duct).
What are the consequences of Gallstone if not treated?
- • Infection leads to Acute Cholecystitis
- • Stone slips into bile duct leads to Jaundice and further slips down leads to Pancreatitis
- • Pyocoele or Mucocoele
- • Perforation of Gall bladder
- • Gangrene of gall bladder