What are the common causes of liver cirrhosis?
- • Alcohol
- • Virus induced (HBV / HCV)
- • Drugs
- • Fatty liver
- • Diabetics and Obesity- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- • Defective Liver enzymes due to mutations
What are the common signs and symptoms of liver cirrhosis?
Few common presenting symptoms are –
- • Jaundice
- • Free fluid accumulation in abdomen
- • Swelling of both feet
- • Itching
- • Vomiting of blood
- • Generalized weakness and easy tiredness
- • Wasting of muscle
What are the consequences of liver cirrhosis?
Few of them are:
- • Blood vomiting
- • Fluid accumulation in abdomen
- • Encephalopathy – confusion, irrelevant talk, coma
- • Hepato-renal syndrome
- • Hepato-pulmonary Syndrom
How to diagnose cirrhosis of liver?
- • USG abdomen
- • Blood test – Liver function test and other
- • Endoscopy to look for varices
- • CT scan
- • Liver biopsy
What are the treatment options for cirrhosis of liver?
Medications to decrease fluid accumulation in body and Medications to prevent variceal bleeding. Few Supportive medications for symptomatic relief. Avoid Alcohol intake and reduce weight. Liver Transplantation in advanced stage.